Department of Energy Community College Internships (CCI)
ORNL participates in the Department of Energy Community College Internships (CCI). The program is sponsored and managed by the DOE Office of Science’s Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) in collaboration with the DOE national laboratories. The program seeks to encourage community college students to enter technical careers relevant to the DOE mission by providing 10-week internships at a DOE laboratory.
Applications due: October 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM ET
- Applications are solicited for the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- $600/week stipend, prorated for fall/spring terms.
- $150 per week housing allowance, prorated for fall/spring terms.
- Current full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college
- Completed at least one semester at the time of application
- Have completed at least six credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours toward a degree
- Undergraduate cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be 18 years or older prior to the start of the internship
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident at the time of application
- Limited to no more than two internships
- Have medical insurance during their time at the laboratory
- Complete full program, 40 hours per week (25 hours during fall/spring terms) and avoid activities that could present a conflict
- Attend all scheduled events, including seminars, tours, and group activities
- Create an abstract, develop and present a poster, and submit a project report
- Complete pre- and post-appointment surveys
- Behave in a responsible and professional manner