Tips for Applying to the DOE Visiting Faculty Program
Submitting Your Application
Applications must be completed through the online application system.
Completion of all required fields in the application, including:
- Contact and Education Information
- Citizenship Status
- Optional Student Participation
- Research Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Research Project Proposal that is co-developed with research staff at host Laboratory
- Applicants seeking NSF-supported appointments must also submit a supplemental funding proposal to NSF through their home institution PI
The application system will guide you through the process. Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be considered for placement. Materials uploaded into the online application system provide the sole basis for evaluation.
We encourage you to visit the ORNL website to identify projects that may be of interest.